Monday 28 September 2009

Fishermen and sunsets.

One of the nice things about having Harry is that I get out so much more than I ever used to and I'm always finding new walks. This one, by Treskilling, is a nice simple circuit of a flooded clay pit (I presume) and is near one of the boys' friends'. As Thomas was off at another party I got to do the walk twice and it was interesting to see it at two different times of the day. At noon the day was hot and sunny  and I was lucky enough to see an adder "sprinting" across the path as Harry came bounding towards him. As soon as he was in the rocks Harry set off in pursuit of something else; beetle, cloud, vague promise of a rabbit - who knows? It would have been nice to have really studied the adder but to be honest Harry and wildlife just don't mix. I went to take a close up of a mushroom last week  when Harry walked into shot and ate it; he then spat it out but all photogenic properties had gone by then.

The lake was playing host to a fishing competition so I received a few glares as Harry went bounding into the lake for his normal drink and cool down. Thankfully he wasn't near any of the lines or holding nets or else he'd have been trying to get at the fish! Then I would have been getting some really filthy looks. However, I think they had greater problems from this pair of fishermen.



Harry, of course soon sorted out this problem as well. You see, I get to see lots more than I ever used to but only fleetingly.

I came back again in the evening to collect number one son. The walk had a totally different air this time as the trees cast longs shadows with deep rustling. All rather gloomy and a tad menacing so I was glad to get back up onto the heath and was treated to a glorious sunset. Feeling very calm, I then picked up a very energised son who had had a fabulous day on zip wires and quad bikes. I have low expectations of him getting all his spelling right in today's test.

No comments:

Post a Comment